Seaforth School
03 Apr

Seaforth School

Seaforth School opened in the rural Lozells District of Burnaby in 1922.  Serving 20 students, the one room school was designed by architects Bowman and Cullerne and constructed by local contractor Alphonse J. Toebaert. 

In 1983, the historic building was moved from its original location at 7881 Government Road to the Burnaby Village Museum at Deer Lake Park, and in April 1987 the school was opened to the public as part of the Museum’s permanent exhibition.

To learn more about the history of the school, browse the records related to Seaforth School on Heritage Burnaby, which include photographs, council records, and oral histories. 


Pictured above: "Opening day of Seaforth School in Burnaby, 1922." City of Burnaby Archives. Photo ID 308-001.


Other Recent News