From the Burnaby Village Museum Collection
The Love family were the original owners of the Jesse Love Farmhouse at 1390 Cumberland Road (later renumbered 7651 Cumberland Street), East Burnaby. In 1988, this house was moved to the site of the Burnaby Village Museum at Deer Lake Avenue, where it remains today.
George Love owned his own sash and door company and had access to beautiful extra wood for his personal projects. The lamp was hand made by George Love from one solid piece of wood.